Sunday, January 31, 2010

A Rainy Sunday Afternoon



It is raining. I am glad I came home this afternoon. I lost my umbrella a couple of weeks ago and haven't bothered to buy another one. I wasn't expecting any rain this time of year. Chico is hiding out with me in my casita. Now I hear thunder. More rain is coming down. It isn't cold. It feels refreshing. The sun is starting to come out. I bet if I were to go out in the rain, I would see a rainbow but I don't want to get wet. I am feeling kind of lazy today. Maybe I should plan a little day trip. I haven't been able to go anyplace because I am in the FM3 application process. Every time I think I have everything done, the attorney calls me and asks for more paperwork. Or a copy of paperwork that I have already given them. It is very frustrating.

When I put in the application, I was told it wouldn't take over twenty days at the most. Well, I think it is going to be more like two months..... I promised myself I wouldn't go anywhere until I have that FM3. I also want to apply for the IMSS. That is the Mexican health care insurance but it doesn't kick in until after three years. I need to get that started. I also want to apply for the DIF card. As a senior citizen I can get half off bus tickets with that card. My friend, Clare, just did an application for a friend and she said that the Mexicans don't like to give it to the expats. They don't think it is fair that we should have these privileges. I don't blame them for that. But I would like to take some long distance bus trips at half price. Maybe go to Oaxaca. It is just a matter of being patient right now. Manana, Mexico's often used word.

No comments:

Post a Comment