Tuesday, October 5, 2010

I Have Hit the Magical 1000th Post

It is late and I am sleepy and cold in my little casita but I just noticed that one more post would bring me up to the 1000 mark. I couldn't resist. So here I am, typing away with Chico sleeping on my pillow on the bed. He could care less about this important milestone in my life. That is the great thing about dogs. They don't get involved in human ups and downs. They have their own lives to think about and they love us unconditionally, no matter what we are experiencing.

I spent several hours again this evening roaming through all my photos and putting my favorite ones in a special slide show file on my computer. I have hundreds of photos of the lake and clouds over the lake and sunsets and birds. It is going to be extremely difficult to cut them back to only forty or so photos. That is about the length I can put on You Tube. Any longer and it won't be accepted and I am not computer knowledgeable enough to know how to put it on my blog without going through You Tube first.

My friend Pat helped me with some of my blog problems. I have a Mac and she doesn't know this kind. She asked me how to right click. Boy did I feel stupid. Right click? I had no idea. I never have had the need to do that since I started this blog. There are huge holes in my computer knowledge and she stumbled upon one. She just laughed at me. She is a webmaster. Her site is MexicoGuru.com.... Check it out. It is filled with useful information about towns all over Mexico. She actually makes money with her blog.

If it is warm enough tomorrow afternoon I am going to take the bus out to my friend's house in West Ajijic and swim in their heated pool. I thought about the spa in San Juan Cosala. That was my original idea for a treat for reaching my 1000 post goal. But I prefer to be around friends. It is more like a celebration when it can be shared.

I don't have anything special to say in this post. I wish I had some pearls of wisdom to offer. But I am just me. I am almost to the end of my third year of living in Ajijic and second year of doing this blog. I still love it here. Everyday is new and exciting to me. Sure, I have my ups and downs. We all do. I have said this before and I say it again, this isn't paradise on earth. We take with us all our personal struggles; our baggage. It is just a lot nicer place (for me) to work through those struggles than any other place I have lived. So, I am going to allow myself to gloat for once and pat myself on the back for making this goal. And I thank every one of you for helping me to keep on writing and taking photos of this place that I love. I hope that I have also transferred some of that love to you.

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your 1000th. Hopefully I will be around to see your 10,000th post. Now that will be truly amazing. Glad to see you back in Ajijic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brenda, Thank you, thank you, thank you. I feel pretty good this evening. It is an accomplishment for me and I am proud. I wouldn't have done it without comments from you and other friends. Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Que Bonito...just like the writer...keep it going I love it. Peter from Chicago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Peter. I appreciate that. Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kudos on your 1000th entry! We want to hear about the dogs and the perros, the dames and the damas -- the similarities, that is, and the differences between the USA and Mexico. Your dog comments remind me of the DH Lawrence essay "Corasmin and the Parrots" I was reading just this morning. Seems that Lawrence, in Oaxaca 1924-25, was entertained by two parrots screaming out, at the dog of the house, who lay lazily in the sunlight or the shadow, "Perro! Oh, Perro! Perr-rro! Oh, Perr-rro! Perro!" If you don't have a loro, you might consider getting one. It would be like two siblings nipping and teasing each other all day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Greg, That is a very funny story. I have one of his books here that I haven't started yet. He lived for awhile in a place in Chapala. I think he wrote The Winged Serpent there. It is now a very expensive Bed and Breakfast. I have never been there. I should check it out. Maybe I could get some left over writing vibes there. Thanks for writing. Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hola Patricia,
    Just want to say "felicitaciones" on your 1000th post. That is quite an accomplishment! Sounds like a reason for a "fiesta"!!!

    Karen in VA

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI Karen, Thank you so much...... I had a fun day. I appreciate your good wishes. Patricia

    ReplyDelete