Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Patricia at the Ajijic Clinic last Wednesday

My friends Cheryl and Billy took me to the Ajijic Clinic last Wednesday to have the Doctor look at my foot again. He wouldn't put on a cast because the stitches weren't healed enough. Maybe I am smiling a little because I have an extremely handsome doctor and I trust him.

I remember towards the end of my mother's life, she would get these little crushes on her doctors. And I remember many of the elderly women at the mobile home park where we lived had crushes on their male doctors. Their conversations got boring to me because they talked so much about these men that they loved and trusted. Now I understand.

When you have to put your health into another person's hands, it creates a connection. What a thrill when the handsome doctor had to lift me in his arms up to the examining table!  It was too high for me to reach.

I am getting pleasure out of such simple things these days, like the sunshine through my door out in my garden and birds bathing in the fountain.

I remember many years ago reading a book written by a person who had been put into isolation for several years in China, during the cultural revolution. I don't remember anything else about this book except one part. He or she, ( I can't even remember if it was a man or a woman) said that there was just one small window and it was too high to see out of and the only thing that kept him/her alive was watching a small spider in the corner of the cell, spinning a web.   I think of that when I get too depressed. I have so much to be thankful for now. I will be up and about in six or seven weeks, hopefully.   Thank you all again for your loving e mails.

1 comment:

  1. mmmmmmmm, nice cool plastercast wow i like your toes to xoxo.

    ReplyDelete