Friday, January 22, 2010

The Hard Working Mexican Men and Women

This man works for my neighbor. I see him almost everyday. He works hard. I have great respect of all the work the Mexican men and women do here. Their lives aren't easy. This evening I was talking with my friend, Ralph, about the differences between the lives of the wealthy Americans and Canadians and the poor Mexicans. I rarely see the expats down along the water. They have huge homes away from the lake with beautiful views. So which group is better off? I believe the hard working Mexicans have many pleasures and advantages that the expats miss out on because their lives are more insulated from direct contact with the lake. Seeing it from afar cannot compare with being on the shoreline. But that is just my point of view. What do I know? I am not one of the wealthy ones so I have no idea of what they enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment