Friday, January 8, 2010

Looking for Housing

I have been looking for an inexpensive place for a friend. He wants something for less than five hundred dollars a month. That is almost impossible to find right now. It is the high season. I have been checking out the boards, very few places up for rent. The town is filled up. The only things I found were rooms in homes and they were three hundred dollars and up.

I checked out two motels here in Ajijic. They are both full and one has raised the rent a hundred dollars a month. I will keep looking. But if you are thinking of coming here for a visit during this time of the year, just know that you are going to have housing problems. The bed and breakfast places charge about a hundred dollars a night. Housing isn't cheap during this time of the year.

4 comments:

  1. Well then, your friends should be aware of that fact and not expect you to do all their shopping for them. It might definitely be a no-win - for everyone. I am staying in MZT for a couple of weeks just before Carnival and it, too, is getting more expensive & places are harder to find. Perhaps your friends could seek quarters in Guadalajara, where there are more accomodations for travelers? After all, it's only a 30/45 minute taxi ride to Chapala...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gayle, That is exactly what one of them has decided to do. Hope you are having fun at the beach. Send me some photos when you return and get time. Good to hear from you again. I took that beautiful purse you made for me out to dinner with me the other night. Got lots of compliments. Thank you again. Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should JOIN us in MZT! I read that it's only $38 & an 8 hour bus ride to get there?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gayle, Yes, but I would have to find housing there. I think it would be expensive this time of year. Thank you for inviting me. I would love to meet you. Patricia

    ReplyDelete