Friday, January 8, 2010

The FM3 Problem




I spent all day yesterday getting papers together for my FM3 application. This is my first experience. Up until now I have always returned to the States when my tourist visa was about to expire. It is good for 180 days. But now I want to apply for the Mexican health care, IMSS. I have to be on it for three years before it starts to pay for things. And since I have no health insurance, I need it. I am getting older. Things happen. I have heard it is a good system once it kicks in and it is only about 350 dollars a year.

It has been terribly frustrating, trying to deal with my American bank and their online banking system. I had to walk into town to use an internet computer since I don't have mine connected up to a printer. The bank kicked me off twice so that was two trips plus paying for the computer twice. Finally I went to the Jorge Avelar's office. Jorge is doing my FM3 application for less than half what everyone else in town charges. I spent almost two hours there, trying to get the papers printed. Again the bank kept knocking me off. Up to now I have always thought it would be easier to return to the States than go through the process of applying for the FM3. Yesterday, trying to deal with my bank, I was feeling that way again.....

In case you are interested, here is what you need: The last three months bank statements showing you are bringing in at least a thousand dollars a month. Eight photos of your head, four front and four right side. Original passport and copies of all the pages. Proof of residency (Electic or telephone bill, if Rental contract then an ID of the owner must be attached.) The application. Power of attorney form for the person doing it for you. Of course the money. Jorge charges total 2285 pesos for the first time. That includes all the fees.

Jorge told me it won't take over twenty days to get it done. I hope not because I may want to go to the beach for awhile this winter. It is COLD here now... And I can only get about four fires out of my twenty dollars worth of wood. I would rather just be someplace warmer.

If you want to contact Jorge, here is his information. 376 765 3031 Cell: 333 137 5619 www.lakeside-chapala.com e-mail: jorgeavelar35@hotmail.com He also does other legal services, IMSS, drivers licenses engineering, etc. He has an office next to Gigi's Boston Deli, my favorite restaurant, where the movie theater is located and above El Torito's grocery store. In the Plaza Bugamibilias Local.17. Ajijic.

Jorge lets you make all the copies in his office and he doesn't charge extra for that. He has several very nice Mexican men helping him out and they speak English. I can't say enough good things about their service.

2 comments:

  1. I do believe all of the concepts you have introduced for your post.

    They're really convincing and can certainly work. Still, the posts are too short for newbies. Could you please extend them a bit from subsequent time? Thank you for the post.
    Here is my web-site : money lender online

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for writing. I write in more detail for Accesslakechapala.com under my middle name, Evelyn. There is an article specifically about the FM3. Go to that site and punch in blogs and you will find it. P

      Delete