Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A Cold Morning in AJijic








I know this is Vino Blanco from the purple hooves. Looks like she has a JOB now. She loves people, so maybe she likes carting little children around. I recently read a book by Joe Queenan titled Balsamic Dreams. He makes fun of himself and all the other Baby Boomers. One section is on how the Baby Boomers like to make moral judgments on the world around them. How we are always giving moral lessons to our children and being outraged at one thing or another. As I was standing beside Vino Blanco, I saw this happen. Two Baby Boomers came by and became morally outraged at Vino Blanco being so mistreated. In angry voices, they told their child how morally wrong it was and not to look. You would think that Vino Blanco was being whipped! It made me laugh...I don't think Vino Blanco minded having something to do besides chasing after dogs.
This is at the Lake Chapala Society. I took these photos yesterday morning. You can see how crowded it was and most people were wearing jackets. It is strange for me to see all these new people suddenly here and I don't know any of them. It takes some getting used to, living in a town that has so many people coming and going all the time. Just about the time I make a new friend, she is returning to the States. You have to be very flexible and open to live here all the time.

2 comments:

  1. Patricia, I just wanted to say how much I enjoy your blog. Your beautiful photographs bring a ray of sunshine into my life every day. Especially now that it's very cold and wintery here in Saskatchewan.
    Next week I am off to Mexico myself. I am going on my own and staying in a small hotel (with an ocean view room) in the Old Town of Mazatlan for a week. I can't wait! I plan to walk the malecon, visit the markets, people watch, take loads of photographs & eat very well! I also hope to visit the local animal shelter and take a few dogs for a walk - like you I am a dog lover and a pet sitter!

    Take care and keep up the good work.

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laurie, Thank you so much. I love the compliments. I bet it is beautiful in Mazatlan right now. Have a fun trip..... Patricia

    ReplyDelete