Monday, May 10, 2010

Night Thoughts

I spent most of today putting photos on the blog. It has been too hot to go out and walk around and my energy level is low from the past few days of constant activity. I have also been reading Eckhart Tolle's book titled A New Earth, Awakening to Your Life's Purpose. It has inspired me in many ways. I highly recommend this book. I receive many e mails from people asking me advice about changing their lives. I try to be as honest as I can in my blog about my life here.

Living in Mexico isn't for everyone. It is an adjustment. I know people have fears and concerns. Most questions that people have will be answered within the first few days of being here. I could write about it and take thousands of photos but being here is worth far more than anything I could put on my blog or explain in e mails.

I can't answer most questions people have because they are really questions about quality of life. Since what is important is different to each of us, it is impossible for me to say if living here is a viable option for others or not. But I like Eckhart Tolle's take on things. He says that it isn't what we do that counts but who we are, our very presence. He says to focus on the breath and cultivate a sense of just being within the moment. Everything changes and the only important stuff is the life force itself. Everything else is just background.

That is a very simplistic explanation of one of the ideas in his book. I am going to read it again. I guess I want to say that I don't have the answers. I have my own answers and my own questions. We each have our individual problems to solve. I would never want to feel responsible for someone making the decision to move here based on my advice. I am only here as a loving presence. I welcome anyone brave enough or maybe foolish enough to chuck everything away and start over in Mexico. It is an adventure.

I just looked out the window and saw lightening. I heard thunder. Maybe it is going to rain tonight. It will be a relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment