Thursday, June 4, 2009

Tonala


































Very sad. They sell puppies all over the place. The puppy people don't like photos. They get very angry. I can see why. Many of the puppies are just a few weeks old and they are crammed into cages. They sell for about twenty dollars but I imagine there will be much larger expenses as the get older because of being sold so young. I took several other photos but after two hours of taking photos I sat to rest and look at them and then stupidly erased them all. So I had to start over again. This time the puppy people were more cautious. One man said I could take his photos with two puppies but I had to pay him ten dollars. These people seem very cold hearted to be treating animals the way they do. It was very hot and I am sure that wasn't good for the puppies either, all crammed into hot cages with no water.

This photo was taken towards the end of the day. It was exhausting for me. I can't imagine going there, setting up and spending all day selling and then taking it down and driving home.









These are life size statuesTonala is like the weekly market times infinity!!!! I only saw a fraction of it and I was wiped out at the end of the day. Thursdays and Sundays are the days of the outdoor stalls. The rest of the week it isn't so hectic. Tonala is a town on the edge of Guadalajara.

2 comments:

  1. Nice photos of Tonala! I feel so sorry for those puppies though. No water? Disgusting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Linda, Yes, I feel the same way. I was just thinking about those puppies and wondering what the people who are trying to sell them do with one that is sick. It is more expensive to take a dog to the vet than to go to the doctor here so I doubt if they can afford to treat the poor little things. It most likely is a bad fate for a sick little puppy. Patricia

    ReplyDelete