Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Morning During the Rainy Season

It rained last night and it is still overcast and cool. No sun yet. I miss the sun. I know the rain is good for everything here but it isn't what I have always known as Summer. Last night when I went out to La Nueva Posada for dinner (yes I ate out three times yesterday) it started raining and the streets were beginning to flood. I had to jump over puddles to walk home. Water was running down the streets and there was a lot of mud. For me, this is the downside of the rainy season. I haven't been into Chapala to swim because the weather has been so unpredictable. I changes from hot and humid to cool within a few minutes. I am going to try to get into the pool sometime today. But this morning it is too cold for swimming. I suffer from SAD and if I don't get enough sun, I become depressed. The weather in this place has spoiled me. I expect it to be beautiful all the time. I need to lower my expectations. I know the rain is good. The mountains are turning green and flowers are blooming. Birds love it too. Also some very large ants have been coming out. I see them all around town, usually just a few at a time. They struggle through the wet grass and mud. Life! Plants are thriving in the rain. Animals and insects are thriving and here I am complaining..... I need an attitude adjustment. Maybe I am just a little lonely here this morning. I will take a long walk even if it is too cold to swim this morning. Walking always cheers me up and Chico too. He loves his morning walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment