Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Chapala Men's Club and a Dress Shop

Above is a dress shop on one of the side streets in Chapala. I like the colors and shapes of all the little girl's dresses.


One of the morning men's get togethers that happens every day. I went in to Chapala to swim and the pool was being cleaned. I thought he said to come back on two hours so I walked back to town and sat with them for awhile. They will welcome anyone who wants to sit and chat. They are not trying to solve the world's problems, just enjoying each other's company. When I went back to the pool he said I couldn't swim until the next day. I went home, hot and very tired from the past week of swimming and walking too much. I guess it was a good thing to have another day of rest. I have been doing too much on my blog. Too many photos, so I have decided to cut back. Not take so many photos. And maybe write a little, again. I wrote more when I first put this blog up. Then I got obsessed with photos. I get obsessed easily with one thing and will do it until it totally exhausts me. I have been like that lately with the swimming too. I am a person of passions and extremes and getting older hasn't changed that quality much. There are times that I become so exhausted that I just sit around for a day and read. My poor old body just says No and refuses to be pushed any further. After I came home from Chapala I was like that the rest of the day. I didn't do anything except read a book. I am reading At Play in the Fields of the Lord written by Peter Matthiessen. I saw the movie a couple of times. Interesting book. Talk about passionate and extreme personalities...

6 comments:

  1. I've tied to comment several times and your comments section won't let me. The bird is a green heron.
    I love it when you write more!
    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola Patricia!
    I finally figured out how to get a comment to post. I've been trying for several days.
    I really enjoy it when you write more. Please keep up the good work. :)
    Also, the birds in the tree at the lake are green herons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Patricia,
    It sounds like a rest is just what you need to refuel your jets, so to speak. You do a fabulous job on your blog and I think it is a wonderful tool for all the people who may be thinking about moving to Ajijic. Also, those like me who enjoy seeing photos of familiar places that I look forward to seeing again, when the time is right. Take some time to just sit back, enjoy a good book, relax, spend time with friends,live for the moment and know that your blog friends will keep checking back in with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you both, Linda and Pattybelle for your comments. Again I am tired and sitting around reading. But tomorrow maybe I will write more and put on a couple of photos. Patricia Thank you Pattybelle for the name of that bird.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Patricia: I love the pictures, but yes please write more. Just the day to day things in your life perk me up. You are living my retirement dreams..Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mary, I am glad you like to read my writing. I will start writing more and taking less photos... Patricia

    ReplyDelete