Saturday, June 20, 2009

Saturday in Ajijic, Music and Dancing


Anita at the garden in La Nueva Posada.


There was a wedding reception in La Nueva Posada garden today so we had the benefit of beautiful harp music. Anita has been back less than a week. She kept talking about how wonderful it is to hear live music again. We both love the music here, among many other things about this magical place.


I was waiting for Anita to come out of a store and saw this dog and his proud master. I can't honestly say here which one is the master. The dog looks pretty much in control of the situation.










Strange weather today. It was cloudy and cold in the early morning. Then it got hot but when the wind came up it was cold. It was humid. I went out with just a light shirt on but had to borrow a long sleeved shirt from Anita when we went out to breakfast. It hasn't rained again this evening. Summer here is very strange. One minute it is cold and hot the next. It is unpredictable. Anita and I went out to listen to music at La Bodega this evening. The dance floor was crowded. My Salsa dance teacher was there and we did one dance together during the break, all his students. There are eight of us but I am thinking that the class will grow quickly. He is a good teacher. It is fun to finally learn some dance steps. There are so many more women here than men that we go out and dance in small groups. Dancing is great exercise. The pool in Chapala was closed most of the week. I missed the swimming. I never know when the pool will be closed. It takes some effort for me to get to the pool and I am always disappointed when it is closed. Dancing is a good back up exercise.

2 comments:

  1. Those pictures with clouds on the mountains are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi K-Sue, Thank you.... I appreciate that. Patricia

    ReplyDelete