Sunday, June 14, 2009

A Sunday Afternoon, June in Ajijic




Storm clouds. I think it may rain tonight.






Twin little girls and maybe their older brother playing on the beach.
Chico and a little white dog on a leash but the leash isn't connected to anyone. The dog has been running around in the mud and having a great time.



The above three photos are a series. The one directly above is the first. The man on the horse is talking to someone in the Old Posada. The second photo is closer up and the third photo is as he is leaving....







I decided to go out and not take any photos this time or write about anything. I don't understand this compulsion to Show and Tell. Maybe it is just because I live alone and most of the time I have no one to talk to so I talk to the computer on my blog. I didn't last long. Sundays are always interesting on the beach. The Mexicans were out enjoying their families and their time off. I got out my camera and started taking photos. There was some kind of problem at the end of the beach. I saw a couple of police cars and the policemen got out with their big guns. Kind of scary. I don't know what was happening but I didn't want to stay there to find out. My first thought was that I am a foreigner and I didn't have my passport with me. I am a scardy cat....Other than that incident, all was peaceful. Large families with half their kitchens were on the beach cooking up delicious smelling meals, young couples kissing and hugging, dogs running around, musicians playing for the young men and women.... So much activity. I felt energized by the time I got back to my little casita. And of course I got on the computer to Show and Tell.......

6 comments:

  1. Love the horse photos! What fun to just ride up to the window for a chat. I hope the little white dogs owner found him. Keep the Show and Tell going...it's fun to tune in each day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda, Thank you. I guess I will keep on writing and taking photos.... A bit of local gossip. I was told that a few years ago that same man actually rode his horse into the restaurant bar there and caused a lot of havoc....Guess he has mellowed out with age....Yes the dog owners were two little kids and they took the dog home, mud and all. patricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. -- and pf course, we love your Show and Tell.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you K-Sue. So I will keep on with it. Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Check in every day to see what you are up to and love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad I am not just talking to myself. It feels good that people are interested in this blog and my daily life here. I pretty much do the same things all the time. One of these days I may have to do something different in order to get variety on this blog. But for now, I will just keep on with my simple routine. I am happy with it. I am surprised to see it is of interest to others. Thanks, Patricia

    ReplyDelete