Thursday, June 18, 2009

Morning in the Ajijic Plaza after a Night of Rain








It was calm in the morning after a night of fierce thunder and rain. It cooled things down and made walking around town easier. Unfortunately it also blew out the electricity in my entire neighborhood. It didn't get back on until late in the afternoon and then my water pump had blown out. No water for yesterday and probably the next few days. Sure makes me realize just how important it is to have water. It is easier to live without electricity. Water is essential. Anita came home to a disaster. Her entire roof leaked and everything she owned got wet and a lot of it was ruined. I went over to complain about my problem and found her in tears with her money, passport and traveler's checks spread out on the bed to dry, wet clothes all over the house, including wet electronics...What a mess...My problem seemed like nothing compared to hers. She has to find another place to live. At least this is the low season. There are many apartments for rent here now.

4 comments:

  1. Oh dear, my heart goes out to both you and Anita. I am so sorry to hear about the problems you are having to deal with right now. I hope Anita can find the perfect place to move. It seems a shame that leaky roofs are not disclosed to potential renters but then the renter would look elsewhere. Oh well, things are done differently in Mexico. Best of luck to you both. Keep us posted as things unfold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda, Thank you for your concern for our problems here. The repair man is working on my water pump now. Maybe I will have water soon. Anita and I have been looking at apartments. It is surprising how expensive some of them are and discouraging. P.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you looked at the various real estate companies web sites? Most of them have a rental section.It could save you some time and you might find some good places to go see in person. I have several of the web sites in my favorites. Just a thought. Hope you get the water today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda, Thank you for writing. Yes, we are checking agencies. And I do have water now. I feel wealthy and compared to many people in different countries, having water is being wealthy....P.

    ReplyDelete