Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Road Workers, Dog at his Door and Horses







I have another photo on my blog of this little dog. I took it again. He looks so comfortable sitting in front of his door. He never barks at me. I like the little guy. This is the street going to the Lake Chapala Society from my house, calle 16th of September. You can see where it is being torn up. The cobblestones are taken up with shovels and picks and pounded back the same way. It takes a lot longer to build and fix things here than in the States. In Mexico, labor is cheap and machinery is expensive. It is a mirror economy from the States. I can buy a bike at a yard sale in the States for five bucks but it would cost me sixty to have it refurbished. In Mexico, it would cost me sixty dollars to buy a bike in a yard sale but I could get it refurbished for five....That isn't exactly right but you get the general idea. Electronics, and anything imported is expensive, even in yard sales. I also took the photo of the horses. I liked the way they looked against the pink wall. There are so many interesting colors and textures here. Everywhere I look I see a photo opportunity. Not much happening in town during the week. It is hot. People are staying in their houses under fans. I feel sorry for those road workers.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I stumbled upon your Blog while doing a search about horses on Google. It then came to my attention that your blog is popular. Are you aware that you could be making an income with your blog? You should check out www.bloggingtothebank.com. It's a site that shows you how to generate an income off of your blog. It's 100% risk free. I tried it and am very satisfied with the results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mark James, I appreciate your advice. Do you mean I might make more than two cents a day???? Thank you, Patricia

    ReplyDelete