Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Wednesday Market Again

The above photo is of the woman who sells fresh pork every week at the market.



A tired Gringo. This market can sometimes be a bit overwhelming. People coming at you from all directions, trying to get you to buy something or else give them money.....




The above photo is of an artist and his father. The artist's paintings of Jesus are in the other photo. I like the way he made Jesus in the front picture look like a young Mexican man. I didn't get the names of these two men but they were very friendly. They had spent many years in the States and spoke perfect English. I had the feeling that the younger man was flirting with me. I was flattered! As I have said, the younger Mexican men are more interested in me than the American men my age. They have their eyes on the younger Mexican women. I might as well follow suit. Maybe they know something that I don't know.




I love all the colors, textures and sounds at the market. All the senses are bombarded.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Patricia, I spent lots of time reading your blog today...old posts and current. Great fun! I am happy to hear about you finding the Science of Mind group. I too have been involved with Unity for many years and would want to find a spiritual group if I move to Ajijic.

    Somewhere in another post, back in January I think, you talked about a woman wanting to buy the Hotel Estancia and set up a spiritual community. What a wonderful idea!

    On my last trip to Ajijic, in 2006, I found myself wishing there was someplace where women could "share" a large home. I think there would be many benefits. If there were 3 or 4 women in one home, each with their own room and bathroom, with common areas being the kitchen, livingroom, patio, pool, etc. it could be a soultion to several "things"...like taking care of each others pets when someone needed to be away. With 3 or 4 people sharing rent it could be a very nice home with a pool and other nice amenities. It would also give each renter a feeling of security in that if they got ill or fell, etc. they wouldn't be alone on the floor for hours, as happened to an elderly gal I know who lives in west Ajijic.

    These are just thoughts passing through my head but if you know of any situations like I described I would love to hear the details. I just feel like sharing expenses, having the security of others being around, having some companionship when one wants it, etc. is a nice lifestyle. Maybe it's not possible but a gal can hope!

    I noticed there is another Linda who makes comments so I'll go by Linda D. from now on.

    Thanks again for the time, effort, and insight you pour into your blog.

    Linda D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda D. Thank you for your interest in my blog and for your thoughts. I have heard other women talking about living together. There are some beautiful homes for rent around here. It is a good idea. I have a friend who may be interested. She says she wants to move down here but she won't move until her dog passes away.
    It would probably be easy to get up interest in this by putting an ad online with the Lake Chapala Society or putting up notices. I am pretty much a loner. But I know a lot of women would rather have company around. If anyone reading this is interested, please write. If I run into anything like this I will post it on my blog. Thank you. P.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the yarn picture! Such beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete