Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Evening at the Lake



The wind is blowing this evening. The water on the lake is rough. It almost seems like being near the ocean. No canoe on the water this evening. And there is moisture in the air. I don't know if it is from the lake water being stirred up so much or from possible rain. The rain birds are singing very loudly. All I know about rain birds is that they are large insects, like beetles, and they make loud high pitched sounds at night. People tell me that when they start singing it means the rain will come in six weeks. The rain will be welcome because it will cool down the days. But I am not complaining. I like it even in the heat. Chico likes his evening walk no matter if it is windy or hot or cold.

1 comment:

  1. Once again I'm enjoying your photos and the journal of your daily forays. You sound so much happier in Mexico. Nice to see you thriving Patricia. Thanks for sharing.

    Keith
    Mesquite, Nevada

    ReplyDelete