Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Mall in Guadalajara











I hate shopping malls. One reason I don't like the States. But my friend had to leave for the States yesterday and she needed someone to take the bus into Guadalajara and go to a shoe store. She bought a pair of shoes and they gave her two left shoes. I owe her big time for when I had my knee operation and she brought me food. So I agreed to go. What an exhuausting day for me..... The two above photos are of my street on my way to the bus. I like to be around nature. Not cooped up in warehouses.......
The bus is run by the Red Cross. They have monthly trips to different places. Next month it will be Tonala. I took a few photos of the mall. I will put on more this evening. I heard some women talking on the bus going home. One woman said she liked a dress but it was almost two hundred dollars. The woman sitting next to me made my trip interesting. She and I talked on the way down and back. She found a simple blouse she liked but it was a hundred dollars....I find that extremely depressing. The malls make you feel rich because they are so beautiful and light but then when you go to buy something all of a sudden you don't feel quite so rich..... I won't take that trip again.....

No comments:

Post a Comment