Saturday, May 9, 2009

An Evening at La Bodega


This is the stage. There is plastic sheeting in the back in case it rains. I have been there in the rain. It is fun.

The three slender women I went with last night.


One wall opens out into this garden. You can see the bar in the background.
The lower part of the restaurant is open on two sides. Sorry this photo is so blurry.
Cesear. He loves the line dancing. Anytime there is line dancing he is out there on the floor, dancing and smiling. He has a beautiful smile. He has a beautiful wife and young daughter too. I bet he is a good father.

Jose, the other waiter. Not a very good photo but it is the best one I could get for now. I know some of these photos aren't very clear but I was lucky to get any of them. It was getting dark and my flash usually doesn't work. I went out with three women I don't know well. Photos of them above. They were surprised when the waiters called me by name....
Jose works construction during the day and waits tables at night. He also has a family. Both these men have suffered financially because of the flu scare but they have kept their smiles. I admire them for being so good natured through their troubles. Wish I could be like that and not worry so much about my problems.
One woman with me last night was a sales person for a weight loss patch. I got the message that she was trying to sell me the product. It must be hard to sell a weight loss patch to someone without coming right out and saying, I think you are fat...... But she tried to be subtle. I noticed the two other slender women giving me significant looks while she was doing her sales pitch. I was the only one she gave her card to when she left..... Well, I was also the only woman sitting there who has a boyfriend.......Two boyfriends..... (Okay, two men who have been telling me for months that they would like to be my boyfriends.) I am not buying her weight loss patch......I miss my friend Anita. She thinks I am just perfect the way I am. I like that in a friend. Still, I feel a bit hurt by the judgments I felt from the women towards me. I am going to get a one hour massage tomorrow. ( It only costs ten dollars.) That always makes me feel better about living in this body. And in the evening tomorrow I am going to see one of those potential boyfriends playing music in another restaurant. That too should boost up this sagging ego.

No comments:

Post a Comment