Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Movies and Books at the Lake Chapala Society









The Lake Chapala Society has a library and a movie library. This is one of the reasons I decided to move here. In other places I could never find any good books. I would have to end up reading those terrible best sellers about crimes or love stories. But the library here has many good books. I am an avid reader. I read several books a week.


The video library is excellent. They get in new movies all the time. It costs less than a dollar to rent a video. I watch them on my computer. I also brought down an amplifier that I bought at a yard sale for a dollar in the States. (One of my other great finds) I connect the computer up to the amplifier and have great sound. I can also connect up my portable CD player and have excellent music.


Last night I was watching a movie and it was at a scene where people are expressing a great deal of fear. My landlord was in the yard and he rushed over to see what was wrong. He thought someone was in my place trying to hurt me... It is good to have him around. He is very protective of me. The video is titled The Visitor. I would put it up in one of my list of top ten all time favorite movies! What a treat to find a great video. I can see fifty bad ones before I come upon one that was as inspiring as The Visitor..... If you get a chance, check it out......


Anyone can use the video library or book library. All you have to do is join the Lake Chapala Society. Membership is good for one year. It also entitles you to all kinds of lectures and classes and even discounts in local restaurants. The Lake Chapala Society is where all the beautiful gardens are that I constantly photograph. It is a central gathering place for the foreign community. I work there during the yearly sign up period and have a lot of fun meeting people. The cost is around forty dollars. Another real bargain!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Patricia, I have been following your blog for several weeks and enjoy it very much. I have visited Ajijic and Chapala in the past and enjoy the photos and comments you make. I look forward to returning in the future for an extended stay and hope to meet you when I'm there.

    You do such a wonderful job with the blog and the way you speak from your heart is quite touching. I can relate to many of the thoughts you have expressed and I look forward to tuning in each day to see what you have to say. Have a beautiful day!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda. Thank you for your comments. I appreciate them. Sometimes I think I say too much so it is good to get positive feed back. I would like to meet you. Hope it won't be too long before you can come down again. You know how beautiful it is here. And especially now at the beginning of the rainy season. P.

    ReplyDelete