Saturday, May 30, 2009

California Kitchen in Chapala




Louise and a customer. His dog is the white spot on the floor. Sorry this photo is blurry. It is hard for my camera to take good indoor photos.


The above photo is Louise Drummond and Phil Posner. I am sorry it is all blurry. I took three photos and every one of them was blurry. So this will have to do for now. They are the owners of the California Kitchen restaurant and also friends of mine. If you get into Chapala it is very easy to find, just a few blocks from the plaza. Directions; Go to the American Legion in Chapala, then left on Guerrero then left on Lopez Cotilla, two blocks on the right....address Lopez Cotilla #271A. Phone number is 765 4075. Hours; Monday-Thursday, 12:00 to 6:00 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays 12:00 to 8:00 p.m. They are both great cooks. The restaurant is light and cosy. Classical music in the background. Give it a try. Phil also wrote a wonderful cookbook which you can buy there.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Patricia, This sounds like a good place to try out on my next trip. I have not spent much time in Chapala, although I love the pier area. I think I like to hang out in Ajijic because I don't speak spanish so life seems easier there.
    Linda D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda, Thank you for writing. Yes, life is easy here. Come on down and visit. patricia

    ReplyDelete