Friday, May 1, 2009

The Garden at La Nueva Posada





No live music in the restaurants. Hot here now. Yet the worst day here beats the best day in the States for me. There are always people around, friends. Running and laughing children. And the lake is beautiful. I hear the birds singing in the mornings and at sunset and crickets at night. Life is all around me. Sure beats sitting in my lonely mobile home with no sounds except the fire trucks that come in to help out someone having health problems or making the transition to the next world. My friend's mother called the mobile home park, "God's waiting room." I would rather wait here in this beauty. I am so happy to be back. Sometime I just look around at my circumstances and say a prayer of thanks that I was able to come back here. I feel blessed!

7 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear you sounding so upbeat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking at these pictures, I can see why you were so lonely for Mexico. I'm glad you're back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for your interest in my blog and my life. Yes, it is really nice to be home again. Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your pics,yeah it's such a shame that everything is shut down because of the swine flu, or H1N1, my husband and I we're staying at home and we would like to go to Chapala sometime, we dont know the place.
    Have a great weekend.
    Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you do come to Chapala please look me up. I will show you around. Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Patricia I am so happy you are back in Mexico!!! Being sung to all day long, a lovely boat ride, a meal in the company of a friend it's usually the stuff of dreams. For you it is reality because you chose Mexico. Don't worry about your son he is probably just worried himself about his mum while at the same time envious of what you are doing. I hope soon the flu will be gone and your friends will again be able to make a living from the gringos.
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Bonnie, Thank you for writing. I appreciate your good wishes. I think things have turned around here now. Live music in the restaurants this evening. Beautiful music. It was a good day. Patricia

    ReplyDelete