Thursday, May 21, 2009

Jim Spivey. Strange Fruit. Free Refrigerator

Morning on the Lake. This is half a block from my house. How did I get so lucky????



A month ago I put an ad up at the Lake Chapala Society saying I was looking for a refrigerator. I got a message from a very nice woman saying she would give me hers. I went to see it yesterday. It is perfect.... The two photos above are in her complex. I didn't even know it existed. There are many gated communities here like this one. I saw a few for rent signs. There is a community pool. Looks like a nice area. It is in San Antonio, called El Parque. Very private and clean. As I said, How did I get so lucky??? A free refrigerator. Two of the Mariachi group members are coming today to move it for me. Now I can buy a watermelon and have fresh fruit juice and a freezer. I feel wealthy.

The above photo is in the market. It was a sweet scene. The mother was hand feeding her two sons.

Does anyone know the name of this fruit? It comes off a cactus. It is good. Reminds me of ripe persimmons... And it grows in such beautiful colors.

I ran into Jim Spivey at the market. He bought some of this cactus fruit and gave me some. His meeting is today but I may not be able to make it because of having to move the refrigerator.

Check out the woman in the background. These two women are really enjoying Jim's attention. Why not? He is a handsome man.

No comments:

Post a Comment