Friday, January 6, 2012

Milo and Ricardo


Ricardo was my landlord when I lived here seven years ago. Or maybe it was eight years ago. I have lost track of time. Milo was always with me when I lived in that apartment. I was really looking forward to seeing Milo again. Pat told me that Milo now belongs to Ricardo and I was relieved. I had felt so guilty for leaving Milo but I just couldn't see living my life around a dog, no matter how much I loved him.

I didn't know if Milo would remember me after all those years. He seemed very happy to see me but I don't know if he is just like that with everyone. Milo limped. Ricardo said he was hit by a car a couple of years ago. Otherwise, he was doing great. I felt a little bit sad when I saw Milo running after Ricardo the way he used to run after me. We spent many many hours on the beach years ago. But I was happy that he has Ricardo to love.....

No comments:

Post a Comment