Thursday, November 19, 2009

The Wednesday Market

The market was so crowded I could hardly walk through it. Plastic is covered over mounds of delicious snack items to keep the flies off them. This photo was taken towards the end of the market.


I always buy two tacos at the outdoor taco stand. There are tubs of all kinds of interesting things to put on the tacos. I always add the beans and shredded lettuce and radishes and cactus salsa, and more stuff........This meal costs less than two dollars. I look forward to it every Wednesday. I have it for breakfast.

Another taco stand. The smell of grilled meats fills the market along with other smells; flowers, fruits and vegetables, and incense. So many different smells. Chico loves to walk through the market.
Above is my favorite stand for cheese, yogurt and flan.

I like this photo. It looks like the two men are having some kind of prayer, religious or physic experience. They are just counting up the cost of vegetables. Come to think of it, to some people, counting up the money they will make IS a religious experience.
Check out the graffiti on the wall behind the vegetable seller.



The two photos above are of honey combs.

I ran into Jose, one of the waiters from La Bodega, with his wife and mother. Lucky man to have such a lovely family.


The three above photos were taken at Salvador's restaurant. Many people have breakfast there on market day. You can see that everyone is out on the patio. My musician friends play there on market day, too. It is always a pleasure to listen to them play.

No comments:

Post a Comment