Sunday, November 1, 2009

Parade for the Virgin of Rosario


Waiting for the parade.

Boy on the roof, waiting for the parade. His older brother is hiding. He didn't want me to take his picture.
My friend Clare and her new landlord waiting on the roof for the parade to start.



















The end of the parade and the crowd following the Virgin of Rosario. She is in the truck.
The end of the parade.

My friend Clare is moving into Ajijic. She will be in the heart of town and right on the parade route. I helped her a little bit with her moving and today we will finish it. We took the dogs to the water to watch the sunset after our moving. She lucked out with an inexpensive little apartment. Her rent is less than four hundred dollars a month and she has a locked gate and a place to park her car. Tomorrow she is taking the bus with me into Chapala to look at all the altars. She has never been on a bus here. She is in for a treat. Hope there will be someone on the bus playing music for us while we ride. I love the bus rides.

2 comments:

  1. ok, now I'm jealous...!

    you're there for the festival I've ALWAYS wanted to experience, you've got a good friend close by who's getting a killer rental deal, and you get to run the dogs by the lake at sunset!

    while I'm still here in soggy, windy Portland slogging away crunching numbers (going in to work on a SUNDAY, by the way) - and trying to figure out WHEN I can possibly retire before I get to be 85 yrs old. Looks like I should just bite the bullet & do it?!

    ps: would my little Westie get welcomed at many rentals?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi nopogayle, Thank you for writing. Yes, I have to admit that I have a very good life here. Some places will take dogs. Don't let that stop you from coming. My son and daughter-in-law live in Portland. I go there sometimes. Maybe we can meet either in Portland or Ajijic. Patricia

    ReplyDelete