Sunday, November 22, 2009

Revolution Day Parade (Children's Parade)



Children dressed up like Pancho Villa.















Dancing horses. My friend was very upset when she saw spurs on the cowboy's boots. I don't know if that is one way they get the horses to dance or not. She also said she saw spurs under the saddle. I didn't see that. I once watched a man whipping his horse's legs to get him to dance. He did it for several hours. It was sad to watch.






After the parade, I walked to the plaza. It was so crowded I could hardly get through. Taco stands were set up on the street. There were many booths and carnival rides. It is a very noisy time here and fortunately I am now house sitting just out of town. It is peaceful where I am living and I have a heated pool. I can barely hear the loud rockets that they shoot off day and night.

No comments:

Post a Comment