Sunday, November 8, 2009

A Saturday Afternoon with My Friend Clare

I don't know the name of these birds. My father called them Mud Hens.

I see a lot of fishermen, few fish being caught. I guess that isn't the point. Sometimes men just like to get away. I met a friendly Mexican man here at a bus stop. He sits there every day, all day long. He speaks English. I asked him why he sits there all the time and he said that at his house there is always work to do. So he escapes to the corner where the bus stops and he feels useful by giving people directions.

My friend Clare with her two dogs. We were visiting a friend of hers. Her friend recently moved into a huge home. It was once the Center for Spiritual Living. Someone asked me to take photos of the inside of houses. I didn't go into the house but here are photos of what is beyond the outside high fence. There are many homes here that show nothing but high walls. The inside areas are quite beautiful. This is one example.







The above three photos are of a great restaurant in San Antonio. Lety Sea Food. You can see all the cars in front. It is a popular place with the Mexicans and Americans. I photographed my meal. It is fried fish with spicy mango sauce. This is a half order! Clare had the other half and it was plenty of food. I love this fish dish and I don't even like fish. I think it was 75 pesos total. I recommend this restaurant. I have had this meal twice in one week.

No comments:

Post a Comment