Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Horseback Riding in Ajijic





One of the cowboys, taking a break. They have a lot of free time. Not a bad job from what I saw of their lives.
My friend Clare is very comfortable with horses.

When we returned from our ride the men were relaxing with some music. I will say this again, Mexicans sure know how to enjoy their lives. I was going to take photos while I rode my horse along the lake shore. Ha! I was too scared to take my hands off the saddle. I was gently being led by the young girl in one of the above photos. (She is leading a little girl on a horse.) With me, she was riding ahead on her horse and holding the reins to my horse. But I was still scared. It was beyond my comfort level but we all need to stretch out our comfort levels from time to time. It was a lot of fun, even though I was scared.



The sunset that evening after our horseback ride.

3 comments:

  1. I always feel an odd mixture of awe, wonder, and barely controlled fear when I ride a horse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah, I feel the same way. I try to hold back my fears. I tell myself how foolish I am being when a young girl is leading my horse but I am still very much afraid. Don't know how often I will get on a horse. I have hurt my body too much this past year and now I am over protective of it. Yet, I love the other feelings of awe and wonder. Thanks for writing. Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Patricia,

    Being a horse "addict" isn't something you learn...it's something you're born with. One of the coolest things about taking a horse on a trail ride is that you're free to stargaze. Unlike being on your own feet or something motorized, you don't have to pay attention to where you're going (especially when someone is leading you) and you'll see so much more because you have a higher "view point".

    I raise horses and have never been afraid of them....but of course I think my mother may have dropped me on my head when I was little! LOL!

    Horses can sense your fear...some will take advantage of it and some will take care of you. It's something they're born with. Mine are all very lovey. If we can EVER get this place sold and get moved down..I'll take you for a carriage ride. My white Tennessee Walker stallion, Snowy River looks like a unicorn.

    I'm sooo missing sipping a lovely margarita while relaxing in the warm. sigh. You're so lucky to already be there.

    My butt's in Mississippi but my heart's in Mexico,

    Kip

    ReplyDelete