Friday, November 27, 2009

My Thanksgiving Day








These school children finally saw that I was taking pictures of them rough housing. Notice how sweet they look in the second photo.







Pedro painted Vino Blanco's hooves purple. Maybe because some boys tried to steal her. He also put tags on Vino Blanco's ears to identify her. Although purple hooves are pretty distinctive.
There have been so many cars broken into while people were at the Lake Chapala Society that the LCS now hire young men to watch the cars so it doesn't happen again. The system seems to be working. He looks bored. He would probably much rather be in the garden having a Thanksgiving dinner.
There were over a hundred people at the Thanksgiving dinner. Everyone brought food and the leftover food they took to a small village where the people don't even have electricity.
My friend Don. He has been coming to this area for thirty years. We had last Thanksgiving together at the LCS. I guess we have started a little tradition.


I walked to the Lake Chapala Society and I walked home after overeating. I needed the exercise. I was surprised that even at the outer western edge of town I was able to walk all the way into town. It was a pleasant walk. Wealthy homes and gated communities are all mixed in with poorer homes and further out of town there are many vacant lots. Even corn fields.
A typical Mexican way of getting the word out.

A gate at one of the more expensive homes along the way.

Watch dog at a gate. When he saw me, he ran inside and just peeked his head out of the gate. Maybe he will grow into his job.











I think I enjoyed my walks to the luncheon and home as much as the luncheon itself. This wasn't a holiday for the Mexicans. I like to photograph the school children and people just going about their daily business.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like it was a very pleasant day in Ajijic. Glad you had some good company, good food & graphic reminders of your day. It rained, cold & hard, in Portland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Gayle, Thanks for writing. I hope that you enjoyed yourself, even with the awful weather. It has been overcast most of the time here for the past couple of days. No swimming. Patricia

    ReplyDelete