Thursday, September 3, 2009

My Ex-Husband and His Mother in Portland

My Ex is taking care of his 94 year old mother 24/7. You can see from this photo that he is exhausted. He should be sainted! It is a lot of work to take care of her. I do what I can but that isn't much. I may never see her again. I have known her for over forty years. She is a real treasure, when she is in a good mood. I go back to Mexico on Saturday. I am going to miss my family. I also will have more time to myself. As I said in a previous blog, it is always a balancing act between dealing with the needs of others and needs of self. I am not very good at balancing. Either I do too much for others or I get overwhelmed and do nothing. It has been a good lesson for me here these past few weeks. Love is taking care of......

No comments:

Post a Comment