Saturday, September 19, 2009

Lloyd's Bank Celebration and Music in the Plaza in the Morning

Morning in Ajijic. It was quiet after all the celebrations. People had already cleaned up the streets. I am amazed at how clean they keep the streets here, especially after all of the celebrations and confetti everywhere.

This isn't a very clear photo but I wanted you to see how crowded it was in the bank.
These two sweet girls were sitting beside me on the couch at the edge of the room.






The top ten photos were taken in the evening at Lloyd's bank. They had a huge, free celebration. Everyone was welcome. The place was packed and everyone was dressed up. Free tacos and free Margarettas. The mariachi band played. Tito sang and a beautiful, talented woman sang. I didn't get her name. I took some photos outside the bank before they went in to play. It was a lot of fun. Can you see a bank in the States doing this? It is a yearly tradition with Lloyd's Bank here. Next time I will be forewarned and I will dress up. I had no idea it was going to be so elaborate.

In the morning I walked up to the Ajijic Plaza for breakfast and Chito and his son Victor showed up to play. They were great. What a nice way to start out the day. Sunshine, delicious food, beautiful music, friends. Can't beat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment