Tuesday, September 8, 2009

My Birthday in AJijic with Friends. Las Mananitas


Anita and our waiter. Anita took me out to lunch for my birthday at Las Telares. It is a beautiful place. It is in Ajijic on Colon St. The waiters knew it was my birthday so they treated me extra special.

After lunch a Mariachi singer strolled into the restaurant and Anita paid to have him sing to us. His name is Onofre Guitierrez. He went back to his car and brought us each a CD of his songs. Then as he was leaving he tried to get Anita's telephone number. A sweet man.
Anita had Ternado Provencal. It is a Veal dish.
I had Pollo Tres Colores. Chicken with three different sauces representing the colors of the Mexican flag. It was delicious!
The cook came over to see how we liked the food.
Anita also ordered us a delicious salad with fresh beets and fresh grapefruit slices.
At seven thirty this morning Anita showed up at my door with the four Mariachi singers. It is called Las Mananitas when they show up and play for people early in the morning for special occasions. What a surprise! My favorite Mariachi Singers in my yard. This is a birthday I will never forget!!!



Ilene on my bed, trying to calm Chico down. He was not happy.
These photos were taken in my casita and my yard. Thank you Anita for making this the best birthday in my life, and that is saying a lot. I have had a long life so far.

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Patricia! and many more...
    You sure looks happy in Mexico.
    min

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Min, Thank you for the birthday wish. And you are right. I am happy in Mexico....I love Mexico! Patricia

    ReplyDelete