Thursday, September 17, 2009

My Friend Tod Jonson at The Lake Chapala Society



I made two trips to the Lake Chapala Society this morning to try to get photos of my friend Tod Jonson. None of them turned out and he is a very busy man. I am going to have to put these on although they are too dark. (I really need to finish reading those camera instructions.) I couldn't get him to smile until two very nice women came in to say hi to him. This one gave him a hug and a kiss. I didn't get her name but obviously she has as much affection for Tod as I do. He has been wonderful to me and my son. Last December when my son came down to play his sax at a local restaurant, Tod wrote a glowing two page article about him in the local newspapers. He has offered to do this again when my son returns this December.

Tod is one of the most loving, generous, happy men I have ever met. Here are some quotes from him. The first two are from e mails he sent me and the last quote is what he said today when I asked how long he has been living here.

"I just want talented people to have the chance they deserve in making all our lives so much brighter and our days on earth filled with love, laughter and music."

"I just want to be free of debt and worry and enjoy the world. It has been so good to me all my life, and I really would love to help. Big hugs. Tod."

"I have been here since 1985 and I haven't grown up yet."

He has volunteered at the Lake Chapala Society for 18 years. He has been on the board for 11 years. I feel blessed to know Tod. He takes care of all the advertising in the annual LSC directory. He also acts in local plays. I missed the last one because it was the night before my knee surgery. He is so full of energy. He is an inspiration to me.







More photos of the grounds at LCS. I am practicing using the telephoto lens.