Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Information about In Home Nursing Costs in Ajijic

Yesterday Pedro told me about the average costs of having in home nurses here. I am interested because of my 94 year old ex-mother-in-law. I called my ex-husband yesterday and he is stressed to the max now. She is getting worse. Yesterday when he wasn't looking, she got out the front door. They found her wandering around down the street. He still hasn't been able to get her a passport and in home care is from twelve to twenty dollars an hour. He has to keep doing most the work himself. He can only afford help a few hours a week. The way things are going, he may die before his mother. He is trying to do something that is physically impossible to keep up for any length of time. I think the only thing that keeps him going is his love for his mother. She has no idea of how lucky she is to have all his help.

Here in Mexico, Pedro's doctor said that a person can get 24 hour in home care, two nurses at the same time, for 800 pesos. I will have to check the currency converter to tell you the exact price in American money.....But compare that to the 12 to 20+ dollars an hour rate in the States. I already told you that the Skilled Nursing home that charged my ex-mother-in-law 6000 dollars a month also wanted another 17.50 an hour for a sitter.......It is insane........

P.S. 800 pesos equals 60.2177 American dollars.

No comments:

Post a Comment