Friday, September 11, 2009

An Evening at La Tasca and Making a New Friend

La Tasca. This is the inside area.
I met Jeanne last night. She came down from California. She is on a scouting run, thinking of moving here. She has been reading my blog. It is wonderful for me to see that people read my blog and enjoy it. It is always strange though because they know so much about me and I know nothing about them. I never know what to say. It is best just to try to find out their stories. That is hard with a toothache, which is extremely distracting.
The Marco Landa Jazz Trio. The man playing the electric drum on the right side of the photo is just sitting in. They are the best jazz group I have heard in this area. It was a real pleasure to listen to them play last night. This trio is playing at La Tasca every Thursday evening. If you like Jazz, don't miss this group. If you are interested in hiring them, contact Marco at countdown834@hotmail.com or call 766 0020.
The man playing the sax is sitting in on the band. He is Paul Brier. He is an excellent musician. And the other person, I don't know. But also an excellent musician.
The front of La Tasca. I love this restaurant because it is right next to the lake. It is a great place to watch the sunset.
The man on the far left is Roberto Cerda, the owner of La Tasca and a first class musician. He plays his guitar several nights a week there.

Before I went to La Tasca, I stopped and visited with Anita and Judy at La Nueva Posada. Ralph, the owner of the Eucalyptus Bed and Breakfast was there with his two dogs. Do you think this dog is well loved? They can sit like this for hours.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Patricia: I'm so glad you are home. You notice I did not say "back", because I believe Ajijic is your home. It's lovely to look at your bright pictures again, full of music, dancing, friends, and of course eating! Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary, Good to hear from you again. Yes, this is my home now. It is beautiful here today and even though I had to have a root canal this morning, I am still happy. I told Anita last night that the worst day here is better than the best day in the States. So root canal and all, it is still a better day here than up in the States. Patricia

    ReplyDelete