Sunday, February 15, 2009

A Walk Along the Lakefront and a Party







The above four photos are of the Old Posada and the trees around it. My friend said it is the oldest building in Ajijic, built in 1530 by the Spaniards. Looks like those trees may be about as old. The building is made out of adobe so it is very cool inside. Because I don't have a flash on my camera all my inside photos didn't come out. Wednesday I am taking a camera class. Hopefully this problem will be solved.


The first two photos above were taken from the balcony of Janey's house. Her full name is Jane Rulon Veser. The photo just above is of a painting of her when she was a dancer and she is posing beside it. She hosted a singles' Valentine's Day party.
My friend and I couldn't stay because we were on our way to the funeral. Janey showed us around her beautiful home. It is right across the road from the lake. Spectacular views from the second floor and the roof. Brautifully decorated. Great kitchen. My petty mind was quickly running off towards the land of self pity. The same tired old thoughts when ever I am around people with wealth and beautiful homes. Poor me, I will never have a home like this. My place is so uncomfortable....I have a list that I bring out when I am feeling "less than" someone else....
She brought me up short when she said that she lost her husband, her son and her grandson all within five years of each other. My self pity and envy turned into great respect for her positive spirit and obvious love of life. I then thanked my blessings. Number one on that blessings list is my son and daughter-in-law. I would chose them any day over wealth and comfort.
I would like to get to know Janey. I am sure that she would have much to teach me about life. She was a dancer and a pilot. I bet she did a lot of other things too. Janey, the free spirit.....






The above photos are of our walk on the lake front. The water is going down slowly. Maybe soon I will be able to walk from my house to the Lake Chapala Society along the lake. I could do that last year. Not now. I miss those walks.

















No comments:

Post a Comment