Saturday, February 7, 2009

Art, Life, Love and Friendships












The first photo is one of my two rooms. This is in the middle of a beautiful, sunny day. You can get some idea of how dark it is inside. I still am not adjusted to living in just two rooms again. Last night I was feeling sad so instead of going out with my new woman friend I stayed home, put a sad movie on my computer (What Dreams May Come) and cried through it while hiding under my covers, trying to get warm. If you are living in snow now you will probably laugh. It wasn't any colder than forty five degrees, if that low. But I have been spoiled, living in a beautiful warm home for two months. Everything is relative.
I walked to my friend's house this morning and she told me all about the great time that I missed at the Racket Club, a fundraiser, Folkloric dancers and delicious Mexican food made by Mexican women, authentic stuff. That's what I get for feeling sorry for myself. Next time I get that way I will make myself go out anyway. Nothing like friends to cheer a person up.

My two rooms are furnished with wooden crates I dragged home from a restaurant. All my shelving is made from them. This morning my friend took me to an art show and I bought this huge Parrot painting. It takes up half the wall. Looks like the two parrots are in love. ( poor me, it is almost Valentine's day and I am alone but enough of this whining.) You can see it in that first photo. It brightens up the room. Hopefully, it won't fall on my head. I can't hang it; no hammer, no nails and only one useable hand. Poor me......

The other photos were taken in my friend's upstairs apartment. She let me use her shower because I still have no hot water. Again, poor me........One photo is of a painting she bought. One is of my friend being serenaded by her friend, the Mariachi singer. Looks like they might be in love. Good for them. Poor me......

When I first started coming to Mexico and things went wrong I would rush back over the border. Only to get back to a cold winter and even worse problems. Sometimes things just go wrong but now I am learning to ride out the hard times and not go running back to the States. Pretty hard to beat these circumstances, especially when people e mail me about their snow problems. It is a good life here. I just have to remember to have patience with myself when I am in a funk. And try to remember to reach out to friends.
My friend said to me the other night, It is a good life when your biggest problem is deciding where to go out dancing.












No comments:

Post a Comment