Saturday, February 14, 2009

The Mexican Dollar, Dancing and Used Refrigerators

I didn't write yesterday. I didn't have electricity or water all afternoon and evening. So I went out to the local restaurant instead. I danced, bad knee and fractured wrist. The music was too good to just sit and watch all the happy people out on the dance floor. It is the first time I have danced in many years. I thought I wouldn't remember how to dance. I remembered. ( I wonder if it works the same way with sex.)

Too bad I don't know how to get the flash to work on my camera. I wanted you to see photos of the other dancers and the two handsome men dancing with us. One Mexican gentleman was a dance teacher. He was quite a show. You will have to just use your imagination. I must get to that camera class!!!

I also got a refrigerator returned yesterday. I bought it at Barbara's Bizarre, a local consignment store. They guaranteed it for seven days. They didn't charge extra for delivery and promised to pick it up for free if I didn't like it. I didn't. It ran all the time, so noisy that I couldn't think or sleep. I was afraid they would give me problems about returning it but no. They offered to send out a repair man to try to fix it and they would pay. I didn't want to deal with that. They gave me my money back and came out to get it in three hours. They are having a huge warehouse sale on the 20th. I may go out and look for some little tables. I trust them now.

I am back to using the tiny refrigerator that was here when I came but I rarely cook. My friend said last night that she has to dust her stove because she never cooks with it. Now that I think about it, I ate out three times yesterday. The peso has lost even more value and my money is going further. A few days ago it was down to 14.60... That is the lowest I have ever seen it since I've been coming to Mexico. I am going out dancing again tonight, now that I remember how much I once loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment