Friday, February 27, 2009

Friday Night in Ajijic

I haven't written much the past couple of days. But my life is still going along. Quite nicely. This evening I walked to the local restaurant and four of my men friends from Chapala were sitting at a table there. I sat with them for awhile. One man, a Mexican named Ed, had been a dance teacher. I had promised myself to not dance until my wrist and knee healed but I couldn't resist...... I danced a few dances with the dance teacher. What a pleasure it is to dance with a man who knows so much. I felt like I could dance too..... And then I danced with my friend Don, the singer. It was so much fun. I like those odds. So often here it is the opposite, four to six women for every man. I can see why men here have so much fun.

I walked home the three blocks with the moon for my guide. I can still hear the music from my little casita. I hate to think of going back to the States. I am beginning to fall in love with dancing. What a life!!!!! I feel thirty years younger. I haven't danced for thirty years. WOW, it is good to know that I am still alive and I can still dance. And that men still want to dance with me.....

No comments:

Post a Comment