Thursday, February 12, 2009

Artists, Street Dogs and Musicians




After my morning without coffee I walked to my friend's house. I was hoping that some company would take my mind off the coffee obsession. She was home and we walked to the plaza for breakfast. Three musicians came in and played while we were there. First they played outside and when they was us, they played inside next to our table. One of the musicians is in the Sunday Mariachi Band. Because of the friendship my friend has with one of the members of the band I am now becoming part of their circle. I like that. My son is a musician. I am comfortable with artists and musicians. In Mexico, music is always around. Music never fails to lift my spirit.
We walked up to the artist's studio where I bought the parrot painting. It is too big for my two room place and when I move it is too difficult to carry. When I first bought that huge painting I had a fantasy that one day I might have a large house here to put it in but realistically, that just isn't going to happen. I need to get real here and practical.
The artist was there. I hope I have his name right. I am getting it from his signature. If not, I will correct it later. His name is Victor Ramero.
He very generously said I could trade paintings. The other one that I like cost more but he said he wouldn't charge me extra. I took his photo next to the painting. My friend helped me carry the parrot one to his studio. You know you have a friend when she is willing to carry a huge painting for many blocks through the narrow, busy streets in the hot sun.
I took a photo of a black dog, guarding his home but he was friendly. Then we went on a shopping trip to Walmart. Tonight I am meeting my friend for dinner at a restaurant overlooking the water. I hope to get some photos of the sunset. A good way to round out my day, photographing the sunrise and then the sunset. You would never convince me that retirement is boring.




2 comments:

  1. Patricia, I do not think you would ever be bored. You are so interested in the things around you, and so open to new acquaintances. Being friends with Mariachis would be great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is hard to be bored in Mexico...... Thank you for writing. patricia

    ReplyDelete