Thursday, February 19, 2009

My Communications System

I hope that Sue will read this post. She wanted me to follow her blog and I said that I spent too much time on my computer already just trying to download my photos. I thought the problem was a cheap camera but now I am wondering if it is the connection. Most of the time I can't get on at all. I do not have my own line. I am using Wi Fi from my landlord's house. And when I finally can get on, the connection is always very low. Most of the time I have to take my computer into the yard in order to get online at all. I can't get any videos. The connection is too weak. And as I already said, downloading photos takes forever. I am not in this place much so I don't want to invest in my own line. So I make do.

This situation doesn't bother me much because I remember the first trip I took to Mexico in 1990. I stayed for four months in a small fishing village and as I remember I had to travel into the next town just to find a phone and it was very expensive to call the States. That was the hardest part about being in Mexico, no communication with my family! So now I appreciate this limited connection.

I apologize to you Sue for not seeming interested in your blog. And I can't find your blog address anywhere. If you will forgive me, please resend me your blog address and I will do my best to keep up with it. My son also has a blog and I need to make more of an effort to read his too. Also If you come upon mispelled words in my blog it is because my spell check isn't working. I am doing things the old fashioned way, a dictionary. Sometimes I overlook mispelled words. Thank you, Patricia

2 comments:

  1. Patricia, I did not interpret your comments as disinterest at all. Please do not feel obligated! Of course, I would love for you to read my blog sometime. Thank you for reaching out when you only though I might be offended. I assure you, I was not.

    www.createdforgoodworks.blogspot.com

    I am 'way behind on seeing what you are up to in this beautiful place, so I am going to flood you with comments on later posts : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue, Thank you for writing. Today I wrote to my son saying this blogging is starting to feel like a JOB and maybe I will give it up. So it was nice to hear from you. I like your blog. Reminds me of when I was raising my son.....A very creative time in life. Lucky you...Thanks again for writing. Patricia

    ReplyDelete