Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Gigi and My Morning Walk

I walked up to the Boston Deli again. Gigi was resting on the stairway. I had been looking forward to trying out the shrimp. I told her that I put her photo online along with her husband's. I asked her why he seemed so angry when I took his photo a couple of days ago. She said he doesn't like to have his picture taken. Then she said that he isn't well. He has a bad heart.

My mother had a bad heart. I lived with her the last eight years of her life. She didn't feel well most of the time so she was bad tempered. I can understand now about Gigi's husband. I feel badly about misjudging him. Gigi said to me, He is a good husband.

It just goes to show, you never know what is going on with people on the inside. I must try to be less judgmental.

By the way, the shrimp was delicious and I couldn't eat it all. Gigi loaded up my plate again when she put it in the to go bag.

I met an American man there I know from the writer's group. I told him that I have a blog and I wrote a post about Gigi and her food. He said, No, don't tell everyone. It will get too crowded.

He is the second person who warned me about sharing things with others. I think that attitude comes from fear. The belief in scarcity..... It is a valid way of viewing the world. I would just prefer to believe in abundance, for all of us.

I took a photo of Gigi resting on the stairs but it didn't turn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment