Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Don Wolf Singing at the Gatherings Restaurant and Bookstore












My friend Don Wolf started a singing gig today at the bookstore-restaurant across the street from the Lake Chapala Society. Gatherings, The Pleasure of Meeting. He is only singing in the first photo. But you can see that the tables are full. The food is good and inexpensive, no cover charge. He will be singing there every Wednesday at Twelve noon.
Everyone enjoyed the show. Don sings romantic songs. Especially Frank Sanatra songs. He has a beautiful voice. It was a great success. I hope all his shows are as well attended. It is a small patio and I have never seen so many people there. People talked when he wasn't singing, flitting from table to table. We all had a lot of fun. Don's phone number is : (045) 331 246 8317.

My other friend, also named Don, said that some people at the LCS thought I was his wife, and my friend Inez was his wife and another friend named Sandy was another wife. There are so many more single American women here, as everywhere, that each single man has his own little harem. Don got a real kick out of people thinking he has three wives. Single men here have it made!
The two photos of the paintings, I took upstairs at the bookstore. There are art classes up there. I don't know the schedule.
I finally made it to the camera class. Their solution to my problem was, Buy a new camera! I may have to do that but I hate buying electronic equipment when I know nothing about it. Any suggestions? I also don't want to spend a fortune. I lose things easily. And as you might guess, sometimes I am clumsy. I can even fall upstairs!
It takes me forever to download a photo on the computer. I start the download and go away to clean my house or read a book. It sometimes takes me hours to do a short blog.
Plus I still have my hand in a brace. It is difficult to do just the simple everyday things. Okay enough complaining. It is silly to complain when it is such a beautiful day. Forgive me, readers up north in the snow.
As I was walking home after the show I saw an open house sign. It was for two rentals in my neighborhood which is called Lower La Floresta. I love this area. It is close to the lake and the restaurants and the plaza. I can walk to all my favorite places from here and there are good restaurants nearby. The two places weren't bad and they were 550 American dollars a month. People ask me about the cost of housing here. Most places in my area are more expensive than $550. But I like my place better. I have a garden.






No comments:

Post a Comment