Thursday, February 26, 2009

Feeling Blue

It is Thursday morning. I haven't been writing much the past few days. It has been a month and my wrist still isn't healed. I am thinking it may be partly due to using it for typing. So I am not typing much now. I am tired of having these physical problems. First my knee and now my wrist. It depresses me to be so disabled. I haven't wanted to write about how I am feeling. No need to bring anyone else down with me.

I can't travel around and see new things. I am trying to be more cautious so my wrist and knee will heal. I am spending my afternoons sitting in my garden and reading. I am lucky to have the library at the Lake Chapala Society. I am reading The Hacienda a memior by Lisa St. Aubin de Teran. It is about a woman who goes to an isolated ranch in the Andes with her new husband and he leaves her alone in an extremely primitive house surrounded by unfriendly people and no food and her struggles to survive. So why am I feeling sorry for myself? I am living in a paradise with friends, food and comforts. I just have these two physical problems that will heal soon. I need to be more patient!

I spent another Sunday with the Mariachi band at the hotel but too many Mariachi photos on here already.

Last night at the local restaurant there was a four piece string band playing traditional Mexican music. It was beautiful. My friend's boyfriend, the Mariachi singer, joined them and sang some soulful songs. He loves to sing and if he is with us and we are out and about and there is music, he will get up and sing. It is great fun but impossible to be invisible with him around. (I usually like to keep a low profile when I am out in public. Shy is the word some people would use. I would say Cautious.) But he knows everyone in town and is always bubbling over with life. No wonder my friend is so enamored with him.

Someone at the camera club figured out how to get the flash to work on my camera. I tried taking photos but all the camera showed was black, even with the flash. Looks like I will have to buy a new camera. I don't like buying anything. If it costs over a hundred dollars I will obsess about it for awhile, weeks sometimes, just to make sure that I buy the right thing and don't waste money. I rarely buy anything new. I will first try to find what I need in thrift stores or yard sales. Unfortunately thrift stores and yard sales are expensive here. I guess this can be a good quality. It allows me to be able to travel with the money I save. If only I were physically well.......

3 comments:

  1. I don't think there can be too many pictures of the Mariachi bands. Whenever I see a picture, I start hearing their music in my head. So go ahead, remind us!

    I am so sorry the mending is taking so long. I'll pray for you, that the healing will speed up, and that you'll even enjoy the enforced rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patricia
    I am reading your posts (starting with the oldest) and I am enjoying them a great deal. My wife and I are working but we are planning some of our holidays around learning about nice places to live. We hope to come to Lake Chapala in the near future and see things for ourselves but in the meantime please feel free to continue doing just what you have been doing (including the mariachi photos).
    Reginald Williams
    Gibbons, Alberta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for writing to me. And for reading all those blogs. There are so many now that I wouldn't attempt to do that. I am glad you like my blog. Contace me when you come here. Thanks, Patricia

    ReplyDelete