Saturday, February 21, 2009

Saturday Morning Breakfast at the Ajijic Plaza

These buildings aren't slanted in reality. It is just my camera. I wanted to have a longshot of the plaza restaurant and it is the only one I took.
A Mexican trying to make a living with his jewelry.



Photo of me at the plaza.

I had my friend take a couple of photos of me. The last two here. I usually avoid that like the plague but I thought it was about time I had my picture on the blog. I told her that I didn't like my photos or looking in mirrors.
She said, You do know that is a sure sign of low self esteem.
Yes, I know that. I know myself quite well.
Then she said, I always felt like that in my home in the States. I had huge mirrors in my bathroom that I never looked into but now that I am here and in love, I feel beautiful. I feel like a woman again.
I laughed and said, And what does that feel like?
She said, You'll see when you fall in love and you will fall in love. This is a magical place.
Bless her, such an optimist....... You can see that I still have the brace on my arm. I think the doctor knows me too. He said it would probably take me two weeks longer to heal than most people because I mistreat my body...I have to admit that typing with that hand hasn't been good for the healing process. I am also an impatient person. I don't like to wait. I want to be well and I want to be well now.
I took photos of the murals on the wall there too and a man selling jewelry. It was crowded there this morning. I also met a very nice woman who said she had seen my blog when she was up in Seattle. She is housesitting in a beautiful home here that is for sale. I felt good to know that she read my blog. She seemed happy to be here. She said the house is up a hill so she bought an old car to drive while she is here. She said the insurance was only a hundred dollars a year. Oh yes, I also ran into another woman acquaintance. She said that yesterday she met a handsome American man and she spent the day with him. New possibilities for her......
After we ate we walked to the bank. The local bank is paying fifteen pesos to the American dollar now. WOW....... I wonder when this is going to end......
I talked with a Mexican woman today. She speaks perfect English and has been married to an American man for forty seven years. They seem happy too. They have a beautiful home in the heart of Ajijic. She said that the Mexicans don't save money like the Americans do. They go to the beaches and have fun with it. She said that the Mexicans have been through too many devaluations of the peso to put it in banks and sit on it. I thought about that. My own net worth has gone down by half in the last year or so. Why did I save anyway? I should have been out spending it too. I have a lot to learn from the Mexicans.






3 comments: