Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Storm Clouds and the Falling Peso




Coming to the end of the day. I just walked the half block to the water and took these photos. Looks like storm clouds but I don't think it will rain. This is my favorite time of year here, although this year will be the first time I will be here in the summer rainy season. Maybe I will like that even better. I can't imagine weather any nicer than it has been here for the past week or so.
I was here until May 23rd last year and it was getting kind of hot and dusty. Someone today said that this is Spring time for the lake area. I am sitting in my garden and the birds are singing, clouds drifting by overhead. Nice.
I talked with a friend by way of skype this afternoon. He lives in Northern California, where I am going at the end of March. He said it is stormy up there. I just say a prayer of thanks for being here in this beautiful weather.
I am getting used to my little place again. The luxury of the last housesitting job has worn off and now I like it here. It isn't so cold in my place now that our so called winter is over.
It was a quiet day for me. I took a walk, and spent a lot of time on the computer. Rested in my garden area. This evening the all women Mariachi Band from Guadalajara is again playing at la Bodega, the restaurant down the street from where I live. I will meet my friend there.
The peso is falling even further. Today it was over 14.70 to the dollar. I am almost afraid to get money out of the ATM machine. By tomorrow it might be worth less than today. Best to keep it all in dollars for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment