Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Coffee Shop in the Morning




I stopped at a coffee shop for a cup of chocolate before going to Gigi's for lunch. The second photo is the back garden. This little plaza is within walking distance of my house. As soon as I walked in the door and smelled the coffee I wanted a cup. Coffee grows in the hills around here and it is delicious. But I am still coffee free. I feel great. I just hope I can stay off it this time.
Addictions are hard to overcome. I have been struggling with this coffee addiction for years. I will get off it for a few weeks and then decide, I can have one cup. Before long I am back to two, three and four cups a day. My doctor told me not to drink it because it raises my blood pressure. My dentist told me not to drink it because it stains my teeth. But those things don't matter when I am again addicted. I am nervous if I don't get enough and nervous if I have too much. It is a bad addiction. Hope I can stay coffee free this time.
Do you see a pattern like this with your own addictions or are you addiction free? If so, good for you. I admire an addiction free person. There are so many things in the world that can trap us.


5 comments:

  1. Patricia, I love your attitude and your blog. I've been thinking about moving to the Chapala area for a while now. I'm 69 and a retired teacher and poet. I really appreciate your sharing
    your experiences. I think I'll fly down and check things out soon, and look at rentals. Perhaps we can have coffee and you'll allow me to pick your brain. Thanks, Keith Briscoe, Mesquite, Nevada

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Keith, Thank you for writing. I have to go to the States the 27th of March. I will be back by the first or possibly the 16th of May. The low season here starts in April. Rents are easier to find and a lot cheaper then. Too bad I have already sub rented my place. I do hope we can meet up. Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is another message for you Keith, if you are still reading my posts. Today I told a woman friend that a single man our age wrote me and he may come down. She jokingly said, Tell him we will take up a collection for his plane ticket....She meant all the single women here. As I already said,there are far more single women here than single men and the men are chasing after the forty year old Mexican women. As for me, I am busy fending off the advances of the forty year old Mexican men. Maybe they think I am rich because I can afford to be here alone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most Mexicans work. I do not work. Big difference.

    ReplyDelete