Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Housesitting

The hardest part to me about housesitting is the transition back to my own life circumstances. For two and a half months I lived in a beautiful home. The two dogs slept with me and were my companions. Their home felt like my home.....But all good things must come to an end.

I am back to my two room place today. Don't misunderstand me. I like my little place too. I am just saying that transitions aren't easy... For one thing, how did I manage to collect so much stuff? I have been carting stuff back here for days. It didn't seem like much stuff when it was in a house six times the size as this place. Now I am crowded. It is going to take me a couple of days to get used to these reduced circumstances. And where did I put my postage stamp sized mp3 player? Things get lost and broken in all this moving. Housesitting isn't for you if you can't handle change.....or if being settled is a high priority, or if you are bothered by losing things or if you get too attached to animals, places or routines......Housesitting isn't for the faint of heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment