Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Tuesday Morning in My Garden




Another beautiful morning. I spent most of yesterday sitting in my garden. I read About a Boy by Nick Hornby. I had seen the movie several times. I like Hugh Grant.
I discovered Nick Hornby in the LCS library. I like his writing style. His themes are of interest to me. What do we owe to others? What is social responsibility? What is a healthy marriage? How do we create alternative families that serve individuals better than the two parent famillies? Plus he is funny. I always enjoy my afternoons reading in the garden. I have no plans for today. I bought a filet Mignon steak and bacon for breakfast. I haven't cooked breakfast here yet. It is just to easy to walk down the street to one of the many restaurants in town.
The peso continues to fall. Now it is over 15 and on it's way to 16 to the dollar. And prices haven't risen that much yet. I am sure it will happen by the time I come back here again. I leave on the 27th of March. I will go home and do my taxes and come back ASAP. I hate to think of going back to the rain and cold. I will remember these beautiful days spent reading in the garden.....


No comments:

Post a Comment